Monday, January 18, 2010

How To Get "Get Seen!"


I first encountered the wit and charm of Steve Garfield (of SteveGarfield.com) when he was a frequent "roving reporter" for Rocketboom.  This was "back in the day" before we all had video camera's in our phones and when being a "vlogger" caused people to stop and say, "what's that???"  I first had the pleasure of meeting Steve Garfield (of SteveGarfield.com) in person in 2007 at the Portable Media Expo in Ontario California, where, as fate would have it, Steve selected me for a cameo in "Twitter: The Movie," a live exercise in video blogging during Steve's session at the conference.  Even then, Steve was sharing his vast knowledge and experience making and distributing online videos, so it is only natural he is now publishing a book on the topic. Since our first meeting in Ontario I've spent more time with Steve in person and have even written about his delightful blogging Mom.  He's the real deal - a great guy who lives and breathes creating "new media."  With that in mind, I have ordered my copy of Steve's new book, "Get Seen" and I cannot wait to read it and apply more of Steve's insights to my own dabbles in online video
.
According to Steve Garfield (of SteveGarfield.com) here's what's in the book:
"In addition to everything I know about choosing a camera, lighting, sound, editing, hosting, conducting interviews, making videos without a camera and going live, I've included interviews with many successful online video creators. In the book I cover connecting with viewers, smart use of metadata, creating niche content, having passion for what you are doing, uploading everywhere, and understanding distribution and marketing."

"Get Seen" is officially released today and you can order your own copy of "GET SEEN" from the Amazon Affilate link below:






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]