Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Buy ANCESTOR April 1!


FULL DISCLOSURE: THIS POST IS ACTUALLY A SHAMELESS PLUG FOR SCOTT SIGLER'S ANCESTOR... AVAILABLE IN PRINT APRIL 1 ON AMAZON.COM...

As an early adopter (not to be confused with a "frequent" adopter like Angelina Jolie) I jumped on the Podcasting bandwagon headfirst in early 2005... as a listener. I started with Adam Curry's Daily Source Code, and before long I had added Coverville, The Dawn and Drew Show and The Rock And Roll Geek Show to my listening list... Then I read an article about a guy who was going to release the first "Podcast Only" novel... A novel idea at best! That guy was Scott Sigler and that novel was EARTHCORE. I subscribed to the show's feed the very first day the first episode was released. WOW! Scott's story and storytelling was first class, and the intimacy of podcasting, combined with the weekly serialization, made EARTHCORE more exciting and more compelling than any "audiobook" I had listened to before. I was sucked in by the Silverbugs... the Rocktopi Rocked... and in my book (and his) Sigler ruled! I thought DAMN this guy is talented, and DAMN this book would make a good movie... So I emailed Scott, and got an email back, which led to phone calls, more emails, more phone calls and today I consider Scott a great friend. Since then I have worked with Scott to help pitch EARTHCORE and ANCESTOR to various entertainment contacts from my illustrious past, and we have shared many creative ideas (earning me the proud status of a "MASTAPIMP" -- and if you are a Sigler fan, you know what that means!). It has been a highlight of my podcast "listener" career to get to know Scott and watch his talent (and audience) grow like mindless blood-sucking maggots on an oozing, puss-filled gaping, gouged out bite of human (or sub-human) flesh...

So, if you are among the uninitiated, what are you waiting for??? Listen to Scott's prolific output of premium podcast fiction: EARTHCORE, ANCESTOR, INFECTION and THE ROOKIE. And if the printed page is your thing, get your hands on a copy of EARTHCORE, and on APRIL 1, 2007, help Scott make indy publishing history by driving ANCESTOR to the top of the AMAZON.COM charts. Did I say BUY ANCESTOR APRIL 1?

1 comments:

Scott Sigler said...

THANKS! That's some high praise. Especially the line about the puss and the ooze. And ANY post I get to share with Angelina Jolie, well, that's gold in my book.