Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Hollywood Tale: From Screenplay to Podcast to...



(Disclosure:  This post is a shameless plug to ask you to consider subscribing to my new podcast, Wunderkind! and, if you are so inclined, help me to spread the word about it.  Wunderkind! is the podcast of an original comic-adventure screenplay, written and performed by me.)

If you've enjoyed my posts here at over the years, I'd greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word about my new fiction podcast, Wunderkind!  Since it was originally written for the screen, I am performing Wunderkind! as a screenplay and generally retain the protocols of a screenplay format, with INT. and EXT. scene settings, camera angles, dialogue directions, etc. (a choice inspired by author and podcaster Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff.)  So far the feedback on the format has been very positive, with most listeners agreeing that the screen instructions quickly fade away and help shape the visualization of the story.  I have published 4 episodes so far, which is close to half-way through the story. If you listen and enjoy Wunderkind! please consider leaving a review on iTunes, and feel free to leave me a comment at www.wunderkindpodcast.com.  I am having a lot of fun recording Wunderkind! and I hope you'll enjoy listening.  Thanks!

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY... 

Wunderkind! was the first screenplay I ever wrote... I can still remember the day I had the idea for it, walking down Broadway, breathing in the energy of the street, the vibe that is so uniquely New York, alone in a crowd in the heart of Times Square, day dreaming about the industry I loved. At the time I had just left a 5-year stint at an independent film & TV distribution company, determined to branch out on my own...

Since then, I've had an illustrious ride through the worlds of entertainment and technology, but I've never lost my love for words and stories. Along the way I've written other screenplays and television scripts. A few have been sold and some even made their way onto screens large and small. But like many of us, I've always had a sweet spot for my first...

I think everyone who loves the movies at one time or another dreams of being a Wunderkind... the darling of Hollywood, the Steven Spielberg... the J.J. Abrams... maybe you're next?

I hope you enjoy this story of one kid's Tinseltown dream, and the unusual way it gets fulfilled...








Photo Credit: © Andy - Fotolia.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: