Monday, February 21, 2011

CES 2011: Interview with Jeffrey Sass

One of my favorite events of the year is the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which is a literal smorgasbord for gadget geeks. Taking place in January, CES is in many respects a chance to peek into the future and get a taste of the cool new technologies, trends and tech toys that will start to be available during the rest of the year. Over at Dadomatic.com I wrote about some of the amazing technology I saw at CES 2011.

Late one evening, I had a chance to be interviewed by Colin Browning, IDG's Strategic Marketing Services' Program Developer, who asked a few questions about the CES experience. One of the things I mention, which struck me more at this CES than in the past, is that today's consumer is more tech savvy than ever, and as a result, we generally take the "technology" for granted. We expect technology to work, and to be fast and powerful. As a result, rather than highlighting the technology behind their products, manufactures may be better served by focusing on telling consumers more about the benefits of the technology and how their products will improve our lives. In the end, we care more about that than how many processors it has or how it works. I think we want to know how it benefits us.

What do you think? Do you care more about the specs or what your gadgets do for you?

DISCLOSURE: I am part of the “Intel Advisor” program and am compensated and/or receive other value from Intel to attend events on their behalf, including the 2011 CES show.

Posted via email from Kiss My SASS!

0 comments: