Monday, September 21, 2009

A Family Defined (In High Definition) : From Dad-O-Matic for #SonyDads

As part of the Sony DigiDad Project I was given (on loan) a Sony Handicam HDR-XR500V High Definition digital camcorder and asked to create a “Heritage” video about my family. I took the camera with me on a business trip to NY and stopped by my parent’s apartment to capture them on video. Rather than “interview” them, I chose to simply turn the camera on and let them talk. And talk they did… I tried to distill an hour or so of recorded video into this 7 minute capsule. I hope it accurately captures the remarkable relationship my parents have, as well as the things that clearly are at the root of of my being: Family, Food, and a good sense of Humor!

It was a great exercise and I know my kids and I will cherish the video for many years to come. If you have a video camera and haven't already done so, I encourage you to record some of your family history and learn more about what defines you...

For the full article and my thoughts on the Sony Camera, please visit www.dadomatic.com.

Posted via web from Kiss My SASS!