Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Best Wager Ever...

This afternoon I learned that my dear friend and college Fraternity brother Matt Wager passed away over the weekend. This is terrible and upsetting news. Shocking, as I just spoke to Matty on Thursday and Friday. I have lost a dear friend and a true brother. No one epitomized the meaning of "Fraternity" more than Matt. We joined Fraternities to have the good fortune to meet and befriend a guy like Matt Wager. Someone who always was there to be counted on... for a laugh, for words of wisdom, for an obnoxious comment... no matter when, no matter how much time had passed since the last laugh, bit of wisdom or obnoxious comment. I have so many great memories and great stories, so much of Matt that is part of my personal history. He was a real friend, a best friend. Matt will remain with me always, and Matt will always be my brother. My heart goes out to Carol, Danielle, Stephanie and the rest of the family. I shared so many great times, formative times, with Matt, that a part of me will never be the same, knowing that I can't just pick up the phone and give him a call. Matt was always happy, upbeat, successful, and lived life his way... let that be one more thing we can learn from Matt... We are not the goofy, idealistic yutzes we were 25 years ago. Life happens. Make every day count. Enjoy every day like Matt did. I loved Matt, and will miss him a great, great deal.

0 comments: